2021-05-13 Communications Committee Meeting


All Members List
(present or not present)
Members Present
Non-Members Present

(*Voting companies/** alternates)

Time1:00 pm CT (Chicago)
Web (Screen Sharing)

Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.

Audio (VOIP/Phone)

United States: (571) 317-3116 (see meeting invite for other countries)

Access Code





Topic / Leader

Desired Outcome

Pre-Meeting Notes and Links to Supporting Resources

Meeting Minutes



Susan Ruland (Unlicensed) is the acting chair. If you are interested in becoming the chair or co-chair, please speak up or feel free to contact Susan anytime.


Read antitrust statement: 

“In all of AgGateway’s operations and activities, it must avoid discussions or conduct that might violate applicable antitrust laws, or even appear to do so. To that end, AgGateway has established antitrust guidelines, which it has provided to each participant in this meeting. While it is your ultimate responsibility to ensure that your actions comply with applicable antitrust laws, your participation in this meeting is affirmation that you will abide by AgGateway’s guidelines.”

AgGateway Antitrust Guidelines


Review Action Items / Susan Ruland (Unlicensed)

Review action items from previous meetings.

  • New Member article - "template" – Not a template per se, but questions. Susan is setting up an email with a few basic questions to send each time there is a new member. 
  • ACTION: Susan will send this email within the next few days to recent new members inviting newsletter article. 

Resources & Relationships / Susan Ruland (Unlicensed)

  • Association Outreach - AFIA, ARA, etc. 
Susan has been touching base with all our trade association members - offering to run articles from their newsletters in our newsletter. Also, offering them articles from our newsletter that they may want to run in theirs. Also, asking if we can use their media lists to update our media list. 

Activity Update / Susan Ruland (Unlicensed)

  • Intro to AgGateway deck posted
  • Activity Summary update
  • Product Catalog flyer
  • Feed/ADAPT article
  • Press Releases: Energy
  • Promote Education & Action Week
  • Value in AgGateway Membership 
  • Design Thinking Sessions with Membership Advisory Panel

Updated Intro to AgGateway deck is posted in the Communications Kit.

Susan working on the Activity Summary update – all the things AgGateway is currently working on, which is posted in the "Current Portfolio" section of the website. 

The Product Catalog Working Group provided copy for flyer; Susan will be working with the group and with Meri to get that produced.

Feed/ADAPT article - a couple of the Feed-oriented members want to see an article about how ADAPT can help the feed industry. Susan has identified reporters that may be interested, and will talk with Ben Craker about a "pitch". 

Sent out press release on Energy working group.

Will be promoting "Education & Action Week" June 14-17 very soon as Brent, Leslie and team provide an agenda/schedule of webinars. 

Susan working with Wendy on a small campaign around taking advantage of all your AgGateway membership has to offer. Nikki suggests touching base with Leslie about thoughts from Design Thinking Sessions that might play into "Value of AgGateway Membership" campaign. 


Materials Development 

Graphic Video - After interoperability – next topic? 


Tracking through each step of supply chain?

Inputs - specific types, how used, when, where, how much, etc. 

Come help us do this work, here's why it's important. 

Seed, Production?

Something that AGIIS solves? (what it is and isn't) - maybe feature one thing about AGIIS

ADAPT - what it does – product side (vs entity side)

Need to stay brief, relevant (fresh) 


Soil labs - labwork

Maybe do 2 new videos in 2021. 

  1. Interoperability

"This is my AgGateway" 

  • Use in social media, as a sidebar quote in newsletters, etc.
  • Get more testimonials in 2021

Graphic video project has been kicked down the road a bit due to other priorities in this first half of the year, but Susan anticipates focusing on it in 3rd quarter. 


Newsletter Planning  

Newsletter Articles - June Issue

Due May 21


  1. Education and Action Week
  2. Portfolio Update
  3. New Member Article
  4. Latin America - Loyola
  5. Europe - Conny 
  6. AGIIS/Member Services: Chris Crutchfield 

Deadline May 21 for June issue. 


Group Updates

Open floor - anyone can share an update of what is happening in other areas of AgGateway where they're working. Also, determine if Communications can provide assistance.

Nikki reports - the Agenda will be ready soon for Education & Action Week. Also, the Ag Retail groups is working on a Quick Connect Session for Annual Conference in Nashville. There's an Ag Retail meet-up next week where this will be a big topic of discussion. 

 New Business  

Other Discussion Items / Susan Ruland (Unlicensed)

  • For other committee members to address topics not covered above.

 Meeting Wrap Up  

Next Meeting 

  • Next Committee meeting: June 3, 1:00 pm CT (Chicago)

  • Active Action Items 

Date AssignedAction ItemDue DateComments/Status