Date Updated: 2017-05-04
Context of Use: This is a high level Business Use Case (BUC) for the electronic Price Sheet that includes how the segment will be identified in message versions 5.1.1 or prior. This does not apply to versions 5.2 or higher.
Scope: Pricing distribution process from manufacturers to distributors/retailers
Primary Actor: Seller/Manufacturer
Stakeholders and Interests
- Buyer: Buyer of product (distributor/retailer)
- Seller: Seller of product (manufacturer/supplier)
Success Guarantees: Buyer has received the current product cost information for products available for sell by the Seller that includes the segment.
Trigger: A new product or changes in product information, pricing or terms have changed
- Buyer's and Seller's relationship has been previously established.
- Pricing and terms have been determined in the past.
- Trading partners have synchronized the products with the AGIIS directory and with their trading partner.
Main Success Scenario
Seller sends Buyer PriceSheet to disseminate the product information from their business system.
Related Message (v5.1.1): PriceSheet
Buyer receives PriceSheet from Seller into their business system
Business Guidelines to distinguish the industry segment: When the v5.1.1 or prior message is being sent, the manufacturer may include the segment in the SpecialInstructionType code list as "PriceCondition". Within the SpecialInstruction text field, the following segments will be used: Chemical, CropNutrition, CropProtection, Energy, Feed, Grain, OrnamentalHorticulture, Paper and Seed. SpecialtyChemical is not on the code list. For the work-around for Specialty Chemical, the Seller will use OrnamentalHorticulture.
Extensions for Step 1
- Extension # 1: Seller is unable to send price sheet
Seller will contact Buyer to resolve issue with transmission
Extensions for Step 2
- Extension # 1: Buyer is unable to receive price sheet
Seller will receive technical response that Buyer has not received based on their trigger alerts threshold. Seller will contact Buyer to resolve issues
- Buyers and Sellers business systems should have the same pricing and terms information and updated with effective dates.
Some Sellers may send all price sheets out each time; others may only send the price sheets that were changed.
The AGIIS GTIN will be the product ID.
Author: Joint Council PriceSheet Task Force
Date Created: 2017-04-25