Modified on 2011-05-12 12:41 by Jim Wilson
Monsanto is taking a proactive step in collecting GPS coordinates and net acres information for an Alfalfa product with the Roundup Ready Trait. We are proposing the following EDI and XML segments to communicate this data to Monsanto.
Longitude and Latitude values must be expressed in decimal degree format. Negative sign is required for Longitude as applicable.
These guidelines are confirmed to work well for Alfalfa. Implementers have reported that these guidelines should work equally well for other crops.
EDI 867 Point of Sale
Add 3 REF segments within each QTY loop for Round Up Ready Alfalfa products:
Fields used to capture of Longitude, Latitude, and Net Acres.
3020 X12 and above
- "13" – Latitude (Horizontal Coordinate)
- "15" – Longitude (Vertical Coordinate)
- "ZZ" - Net Acres (Mutually Defined), use REF03 to indicate ZZ = NET ACRES
REF*13*48.000000~ REF*15*-125.000000~ REF*ZZ*3500.00*NET ACRES~
Ag eStandards ProductMovementReport
Node and segments used to capture Longitude, Latitude, and Net Acres
Use “Characteristic” Node in the “ProductMovementReport” message
4.0 and above
- "CharacteristicCode" of Longitude, Latitude and netAcres respectively (the attribute would be “Other”).
- "CharacteristicDescription" would hold the respective values.