CEO or EVP
- The AgGateway CEO or EVP either approves or denies membership and notifies Member Services of approval and emails application to Admin Assistant for posting to Xythos for historical records.
- If denied, CEO or EVP will notify the applicant of the denial in writing.
- Communicates to the BOD, the Management Team and the Membership Committee (typically via email) that we have a new AgGateway member.
- Notifies Webmaster and Accounting of new member.
- Notifies Communications Committee-social media group (Social@AgGateway.org) of the new member - social media will welcome the new member in social media.
- Adds primary & secondary member contact information into AIM and to mailing lists in Constant Contact lists:
- Adds Council POCs (points of contact) to the appropriate Council mailing lists via webmail.aggateway.org
- As the new members register on the AgGateway website, will receive a New User notification and will ensure the new members have access to the appropriate Council and/or Committee web pages on the AgGateway website.
- Adds the new member to the AIM system and invoices the new member for their AgGateway membership
- Mails out a new member package to each new member contact which includes:
- Welcome letter from CEO
- AgGateway memory stick containing an AgGateway folder which contains the following information:
- AgGateway Staff Contacts
- AgGateway Antitrust Guidelines
- AgGateway Policies and Procedures
- AgGateway Bylaws
- AgGateway Intellectual Property Policy
- Member Services will conduct an entrance interview about 60-90 days after the member has joined. Entrance Interview Template
- (Suggestion was made that Member Services may be able to help maintain the Mentor List once AgGateway implements a new CRM tool. We might be able to flag mentors in the system. If a mentorship ends or expires, the flag may be deactivated for the mentor. Need to revisit this after CRM tool is implemented)
|Communications Committee||Will communicate and welcome our new member in social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+)|
- Adds company name to AgGateway website Member page
- Sends out the W-9 form to primary contact member to submit for tax purposes.
Membership Committee Council Liaisons
•Council liaisons to the Membership Committee will fulfill the following (which should take approximately 2-3 hours every 6 months in addition to the normal liaison role) :
•Council Liaison – Mentor coordinator for their council: This role will be responsible for soliciting mentors for the program and maintain the list to keep it current.
•At least twice a year, reach out to the Primary contacts for each member company asking them to provide names of individuals who would be interested in mentoring
•Maintain a list of potential mentors (hope the CRM can at some point do this)
•When notified of a new member company, contact the new member via email to see if they would be interested in having a mentor. If interested, a choice of the companies willing to mentor might be sent to the new member for review.
•The new member can choose from the list of mentors or the coordinator can assign one.
•Provide the contact information for the new member to the mentor
•Notify the Membership Chair and Management Team Liaison of the Mentor & New Member mentor match
Committee Chair/Management Team Liaison
- Will coordinate the quarterly New Member webinars/sessions.
- Will maintain the master list of the mentors and those being mentored.
- Will coordinate the "Meet & Greet" session(s) at the F2F meetings with the Conference Committee
- Will send a personal invitation to the new members and their mentors to the Meet & Greet session(s)
- Will coordinate a mentor webinar/session at least 2X a year for those willing to be a mentor.
- Will send emails to welcome the new primary & secondary members to make them aware of the Meet & Greet and Orientation webinars
Will contact the primary contact of the new member company via email and/or phone to ask for their participation to inform them of current activities going on within the council and answer any questions. Follow Up with email providing dates and times for council conference calls and invitation to attend.
Willing to be a contact person for an new AgGateway member for 3-6 months minimum and for as long as the mentor and those being mentored are mutually agreed. Here are suggested contact:
- Initial email with contact information and set up an appointment to talk
- Initial phone call to introduce each other
- Find out why the new company joined AgGateway
- What they hope to get from being a member of AgGateway
- How you can help be a mentor:
- Willing to be a sounding board for them
- Meet them at the face-to-face meetings and introduce them to others with similar interests or trading partners
- Follow up calls or emails about once a month:
- Encourage them to attend the 1st Time Attendee Orientation at their first meeting
- Find out if they have any questions, and answer questions based on your experience or refer them to Member Services if you can't answer their questions (866.251.8618)
- Remind and encourage them to become involved in the Council calls, tasks forces and committees that fit for them. Involvement is critical for new members
- Check to see if they are receiving the newsletter and invites to council and committee meetings that they are interested in.
A mentoring webinar will be provided as training at least 2X a year.
On-Boarding Tools for New Member Web Page:
Quarterly New Member Webinar - Serve as our formal Orientation Presentation to be given quarterly for all new members and anyone new to AgGateway.
Presentation until a video can be produced.
Tour of AgGateway Website - Overview of the website and information content
- Not aware that this has been done.
Presentation until Video can be produced.
AGIIS 101 - An introduction along with value it brings to the membership
- Member Services will need to provide.